Is the course a subscription? How long do I have access to the content?
Do I need specific tools to follow along?
Not at all! The course covers general concepts, not tool-specific techniques. I will be creating my own illustration using Procreate on the iPad Pro, but you can follow along using any drawing tools of your choice, such as:
- Pencil and paper
That being said, the course includes advice for using both traditional and digital tools in modules like sketching, coloring, and shading.
Does the course include brushes?
Since the content is made for all drawing tools, the course doesn't include brushes.
Update for Procreate users: the brushes I use to create my own illustrations are now available as an add-on at checkout.
Is there a guarantee? What is your refund policy?
Absolutely! If you're not happy with Illustration From Scratch, reach out to me within 14 days of purchase to get a full refund, no questions asked.
Send emails to [email protected]
Who this course is for:
• You want to draw illustrations on your own, or you want to improve so you can start to like your own art.
• You are excited to draw and are ready to do short exercises as well as taking the time to play around and complete the different project sections.
• You are a beginner artist looking for a proven creative process or an intermediate artist looking to take their art to the next level.
Who this course is NOT for:
• You are looking to copy a specific illustration by following a step-by-step tutorial. This course is made to show you how you can start drawing on your own, no matter your level. Lucky for you, I have over 200 step-by-step tutorials on YouTube, so feel free to check those out instead!
• You are not ready to grab your drawing tools and practice; you only plan on memorizing the theory. Spoiler alert: it won't work!
• You are looking for in-depth, advanced theory on a very specific concept. This course is made to help anyone start or improve their drawing journey in the shortest amount of time possible, all while being hands-on from day 1. More specific courses will follow soon!
Is Geneviève available to work on my project?
Can I sell an illustration I created following a YouTube tutorial or use it on a product for sale?
I would strongly recommend avoiding selling products with an illustration made by following one of my step-by-step drawing tutorials.
It's a bit of a gray area legally, and it can get quite tricky for the seller; I used to allow it, but I've seen many people get their store (Etsy, redbubble, etc.) taken down because they were using what the sites considered copyrighted work.
Can I add an illustration I created following a YouTube tutorial to my portfolio?
Portfolios are meant to display an illustrator's personal style and abilities. For that reason, you cannot add illustrations based on YouTube videos to your own portfolio.