Illustration From Scratch
Start drawing your own illustrations in just 10 days!
Illustration From Scratch is for anyone who wants a clear path to creating their own art, from a rough idea to a polished illustration.
All you need is your favorite drawing tool, traditional or digital. Everything else is provided in the course, so you can sit back and enjoy your drawing time.
Learn at your own pace. Once you join, there is no time limit for you to complete the course.Join now!
The amount of time you will spend on this course is entirely up to you! On average, it might look like:
- 3-4 hours of theory
- 8-10 hours of exercises and demos with pro tips
- Project! Spend as much or as little time on it as you want on the project since it's your own illustration
- 9-12 hours of project demo videos, which you can put in the background while you work on your illustration
You will learn:
Day 1: The Key To Drawing Anything
- How to think like an illustrator and transform the way you draw
- The best way to use reference pictures
Day 2: Visual Storytelling
- 5 tips to help you find inspiration
- How to turn a simple idea into a great concept
- The power of bonus elements
- Project: Put together a moodboard
Day 3: Human Body
- The easiest way to draw humans with realistic proportions
- Giving personality to your characters with alternative ratios
- Character design techniques used by professionals
- Drawing a character from various angles
- Project: Create your character
Day 4: Human Face
- How to draw realistic facial proportions
- Drawing the head as seen from different angles
- Playing with facial features to create your art style
- Project: Sketch your character's facial features
Day 5: Movement & poses
- How to create illustrations with a nice flow
- The key to drawing dynamic characters
- Learn good sketchbook habits (heads-up: you don't have to draw daily!)
- Project: Explore different poses for your character
Day 6: Composition
- How to catch your viewer's attention
- The best way to create rich illustrations
- Key elements to help your illustrations stand out
- How professionals quickly find the best composition option
- Project: Testing compositions using thumbnails
Day 7: Perspective
- How to draw scenes and elements using perspective
- Stylistic perspective alternatives
- Project: Design your background
Day 8: Sketching
- How to sketch effectively
- Why you should be messy when you draw
- Tips on creating high-quality line art
- Project: finalizing your sketch
Day 9: Color
- How to create beautiful palettes using color theory
- Strengthen your visual storytelling with color harmonies
- How color can affect depth and perspective
- Project: Color your illustration
Day 10: Light
- How to bring your art to life with light
- Optimizing contrast and visual interest
- Finding the best lighting scenario for your piece
- Project: Light up your scene
- Real Talk: When it just doesn't work
- Bringing your illustrations to the next level by adding details
This is the only course you need
Illustration From Scratch is an all-in-one course made to provide you with a solid creative process you can use every single time you draw.
You won't end up with a bunch of incomplete illustrations like you would by following multiple courses.
Instead, you will create a complete illustration as you go through the modules.
You will learn through a combination of theory, exercises, demos, projects, and artist spotlight, which means you will not only understand the key concepts; you will start integrating them into your own drawing practice as soon as day 1.
You will also learn how to get unstuck and deal with creative frustrations.
I will personally share my own struggles with you as we go, and I will show you drawing mistakes as they happen and how you can avoid them in your own illustrations.
Who is this course is for
• You want to draw illustrations on your own, or you want to improve so you can start to like your own art
• You are excited to draw and are ready to do short exercises as well as taking the time to play around and complete the different project sections
• You are a beginner artist looking for a proven creative process or an intermediate artist looking to take their art to the next level
Who is this course is NOT for
• You are looking to copy a specific illustration by following a step-by-step tutorial. This course is made to show you how you can start drawing on your own, no matter your level. Lucky for you, I have over 200 step-by-step tutorials on YouTube, so feel free to check those out instead!
• You are not ready to grab your drawing tools and practice; you only plan on memorizing the theory. Spoiler alert: it won't work!
• You are looking for in-depth, advanced theory on a very specific concept. This course is made to help anyone start or improve their drawing journey in the shortest amount of time possible, all while being hands-on from day 1. More specific courses will follow soon!
Is this a subscription? How long do I have access to the course?
Once you purchase the course, it's yours forever! No subscription, no renewal, just simple lifetime access.
Why can't I just learn from free YouTube videos?
If you've followed my YouTube channel for a while, you know that I really believe in the platform, and it can be a good way to dip your toes in the wonderful world of illustration. However, there is A LOT of stuff out there and if you will waste an incredible amount of time sorting through all the content to try and piece together a complete program.
Not only that, but I'm sure you know how learning different approaches and techniques can become very confusing. By going through Illustration From Scratch, you will learn a creative process that works from idea to final illustration. You don't have to worry about learning something in one YouTube video that will be contradicted in the next. It's clear from start to finish.
Do I need specific drawing tools to follow along?
Not at all! The course covers general concepts, not tool-specific techniques.
I will be creating my own illustration using Procreate on the iPad Pro, but you can follow along using any drawing tools of your choice, such as:
- Pencil and paper
That being said, the course includes advice for using both traditional and digital tools in modules like sketching, coloring, and shading.
Is there a guarantee?
Absolutely! If you're not happy with Illustration From Scratch, reach out to me within 7 days of purchase to get a full refund, no questions asked.
Will I receive a certificate at the end?
I can definitely make one for you!