Start drawing your own illustrations from scratch
Yes, YOU can illustrate children's books, enjoy a fulfilling hobby, and even start a creative side hustle!
The Illustration From Scratch online course will show you how to get started, no matter your level.
✏️ Beginner to Intermediate
✏️ Individual feedback
✏️ Learn at your own pace
Students like you are achieving their dreams!
June's before and after
I just wanted to compare one of my illustration from October [left] with the one from this course [right]. As you can see there is a HUGE difference.
I'm so happy purchased this course. It was really beyond all expectations!
- June T. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Find June on Instagram: @drawnbyjune
Your path to success
Illustration From Scratch is 10 courses in 1, with over 10h of videos split in easily digestible sections.
You will learn everything you need to start creating illustrations: the Key To Drawing Everything, perspective, color & light, creating characters, sketching like a pro, getting unstuck, and more!
Learn YOUR way
We all learn differently! This course is collection of theory videos, watch-me-draw demos, pdf workbook, exercises, cheat sheets, Q&A's, and forum topics.
Once you join, you have lifetime unlimited access to the content so you can learn at your own pace.
Grow through feedback
Throughout this course, you will integrate your learnings by creating your own illustration, from a blank page to a polished piece.
Don't worry, you won't be alone! Get feedback from your teacher when you share your exercises and project progress on the forum.
"This illustration course far exceeded my expectations"
There is SO MUCH info in this course including color theory, several cheat sheets, tips and tricks, and much more. Given all of the information presented, the course could have been a hot mess. But no, it was organized and flowed perfectly.
Genevieve instinctively knew just how much theory to include to help make your purpose clear, but not so much that you felt overwhelmed. I can honestly say this was one of the best courses I’ve ever purchased!
- Kristin C. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Your path to success:
Module 1: The Key To Drawing Anything
- How to think like an illustrator and transform the way you draw
- The best way to use reference pictures
Module 2: Visual Storytelling
- 5 tips to help you find inspiration
- How to turn a simple idea into a great concept
- The power of bonus elements
- Project: Put together a moodboard
Module 3: Human Body
- The easiest way to draw humans with realistic proportions
- Giving personality to your characters with alternative ratios
- Character design techniques used by professionals
- Drawing a character from various angles
- Project: Create your character
Module 4: Human Face
- How to draw realistic facial proportions
- Drawing the head as seen from different angles
- Playing with facial features to create your art style
- Project: Sketch your character's facial features
Module 5: Movement & poses
- How to create illustrations with a nice flow
- The key to drawing dynamic characters
- Learn good sketchbook habits (heads-up: you don't have to draw daily!)
- Project: Explore different poses for your character
Module 6: Composition
- How to catch your viewer's attention
- The best way to create rich illustrations
- Key elements to help your illustrations stand out
- How professionals quickly find the best composition option
- Project: Testing compositions using thumbnails
Module 7: Perspective
- How to draw scenes and elements using perspective
- Stylistic perspective alternatives
- Project: Design your background
Module 8: Sketching
- How to sketch effectively
- Why you should be messy when you draw
- Tips on creating high-quality line art
- Project: finalizing your sketch
Module 9: Color
- How to create beautiful palettes using color theory
- Strengthen your visual storytelling with color harmonies
- How color can affect depth and perspective
- Project: Color your illustration
Module 10: Light
- How to bring your art to life with light
- Optimizing contrast and visual interest
- Finding the best lighting scenario for your piece
- Project: Light up your scene
- Real Talk: When it just doesn't work
- Bringing your illustrations to the next level by adding details
Spring Deal | 60% OFF 🤯
Join today and get lifetime access to the course!
Satisfaction guarantee or get a full refund! See refund policy >
I joined this course because I have always wanted to know how to draw and every time I try it, I just end up more frustrated. [...] I’ve only gotten through the first segment and I’ve already been able to draw more than I ever have.
"I was definitely skeptical about spending this much money, but immediately knew I made the right decision."
- Destiny ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Is this a subscription? How long do I have access to the course?
Why can't I just learn from free YouTube videos?
Do I need specific drawing tools to follow along?
Is there a guarantee / can I get a refund if I don't like the course?
Will I receive a certificate at the end?
Meet your teacher
Genevieve is a children's books illustrator with over 15 years of experience working with publishing houses and independent authors from all over the world.
Over the last few years, she has taught illustration and design to over 300,000 people across multiple platforms, such as YouTube.
Who is this course is for
• You want to draw illustrations on your own, or you want to improve so you can start to like your own art
• You are excited to draw and are ready to do short exercises as well as taking the time to play around and complete the different project sections
• You are a beginner artist looking for a proven creative process or an intermediate artist looking to take their art to the next level
Who is this course is NOT for
• You are looking to copy a specific illustration by following a step-by-step tutorial. This course is made to show you how you can start drawing on your own, no matter your level. Lucky for you, I have over 200 step-by-step tutorials on YouTube, so feel free to check those out instead!
• You are not ready to grab your drawing tools and practice; you only plan on memorizing the theory. Spoiler alert: it won't work!
• You are looking for in-depth, advanced theory on a very specific concept. This course is made to help anyone start or improve their drawing journey in the shortest amount of time possible, all while being hands-on from day 1. More specific courses will follow soon!